Email Vesta
Blog Home Page

Welcome to the Sonoma County Gazette ARCHIVE of PAST EDITIONS. Our NEW WEBSITE is up and running, so GazExtra is serving as your path to archived articles. Thanks for being part of our Sonoma County community...stay in touch...e-mail me - VESTA


Monday, June 8, 2009

MIX IT UP Magazine for Young Adults


My name is Ed Troxell and I just graduated from Sonoma State University with a B.A. in Communications. I just wanted to let you know about MIX IT UP Magazine, issue 2 is now out. MIX IT UP Magazine is a comprehensive source of information written for young adults on topics that matter most: health, work, travel, and entertainment. We are a publication dedicated to building confidence, expanding perspectives, and shaping a promising future.

MIX IT UP will be the one-stop magazine if you will for young adults both males and females. It is a free, bi-monthly magazine that will be distributed to the North Bay (San Jose to Chico), hitting most of the major colleges and places young adults gather.

I created MIX IT UP Magazine last year as part of my senior project, a graduation requirement for SSU, here in Santa Rosa. Given today’s economy and the way the job market is I decided to create the next step in my life. I have always had a passion for the magazine industry and after working for awhile at Make Magazine out in Sebastopol I realized that I just need to start my own and see where it goes.

I feel that 2009 is the time for change and trying something new. This is the biggest risk I have ever taken and I am facing it head on. The goal is to have advertisers support this so that we can continue to be a free print publication while tying in the web. Online we have videos from stories in the print edition as well as an online version. As we continue to grow we will be putting extras on the website.

It would be great if you could just let people know about MIX IT UP Magazine and spread the word. People like what they see in MIX IT UP and I have made it a personal goal to do everything I can in order to keep it going. While I know everything is going online, there is still a need from consumers for print. They still love to touch and feel things in their hands. That is why I want to continue mixing print and online so that readers can get the best of both worlds.

Feel free to check out our website, http://www.mixitupmagazine.com, which has all of our information, including our media kit.

Sincerely,

Ed Troxell
MIX IT UP Magazine
Publisher / Executive Editor
ed@mixitupmagazine.com

Blog: mixitupmagazine.wordpress.com

Labels: , , ,