Email Vesta
Blog Home Page

Welcome to the Sonoma County Gazette ARCHIVE of PAST EDITIONS. Our NEW WEBSITE is up and running, so GazExtra is serving as your path to archived articles. Thanks for being part of our Sonoma County community...stay in touch...e-mail me - VESTA


Monday, November 2, 2009

Artist Char Banach - Gracie, My Companion, My Friend


By Char Banach, Artist
I’ve attempted to capture her life look in this painting, one of a series I call Amazing Gracie. Some are fun and whimsical (think Gracie with a red holiday nose) and another carries a mug shot board identifying her as busted for chasing birds or her sister, my other English Spring Spaniel named Delilah. You can view all the Gracies as they emerge on my website, http://www.charbanachart.com/
From the Amazing Gracie Series
Original Acrylic on Canvas, 18” x 24”
Limited Edition Artist Enhanced & Numbered Giclèe on Canvas Or Velvet Paper
Amazing Gracie Series Paintings Also Available As Greeting Cards

Gracie is a sympathetic soul, often showing concern for her fellow housemates, a sort of dog vet who cares about her family. She inspired me to create Gracie, Dr. Dog.

Gracie is a nine-year old English Springer Spaniel who watches over me as I paint in my studio in Sonoma County’s Bennett Valley. She patiently nestles into her spot and stands guard for hours on end, quiet, deeply thoughtful and loving without hesitation or conditions.

With her old-soul face but boundless Springer Spaniel energy, she brings a laugh at just the right time when I’m faced with a problem on the canvas before me. Loyalty in such animals is but a cliché, but her sense of duty and appreciation moves far beyond such simple sentiments.

There is joy in sharing the most important things in your life, and I hope you’ll want to take Gracie home with you too, there to watch over you, keeping an eye out for that moment when you, too, need some special love and attention.

About the Artist
Educated in Environmental Design at Northern Michigan University with further art studies at the University of Wisconsin.

California Art Teaching Credential, Dominican University, California.

Displayed in private collections in California, Idaho, Michigan, Wisconsin and Arizona. Frequently represented in Northern California.

www.charbanachart.com CharBanach@comcast.net
Char Banach ∙ Windborne Farm ∙ (707) 570-2098 ∙ or ∙ Fax (707) 570-0398

Labels: