Email Vesta
Blog Home Page

Welcome to the Sonoma County Gazette ARCHIVE of PAST EDITIONS. Our NEW WEBSITE is up and running, so GazExtra is serving as your path to archived articles. Thanks for being part of our Sonoma County community...stay in touch...e-mail me - VESTA


Monday, July 7, 2008

To Colorado & Back

West Colorado High Desert

California to Colorado & Back
Photos of California, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming & Colorado


By Vesta Copestakes

This is just a brief collection of photos I shot while traveling to Colorado to visit my daughter Aleta and her family. I had the pleasure of a whole week playing Nana with my grand daughter Destiny. I won't bore you with family photos, but I thought you might enjoy the pure beauty of the countryside between California and Colorado.

On my way home, I explored roads into territory I had never seen. I camped at trail heads and vistas, sleeping in the back of my newspaper delivery truck. Environmental consciousness was high in state and national parks, and lowest in the cities of Provo and Salt Lake City, Utah. Very sad there, but very encouraging everywhere else. It's good to be home where environmental and social values are held in high esteem.

Shoe Tree, Fallon, Nevada

Bonneville Salt Flats, Utah

Rocky Mountain Valley

Pinion Park, Nevada

Open Range, Wyoming

The Great Salt Lake, Utah

Flaming Gorge, Utah

Dinosaur National Monument, Utah

High Desert Steer Coral, Nevada, Hwy 50

Continental Divide, Utah, Hwy 40

Colorado High Plains, Hwy 80

Colorado Farm House by Hwy 80


Labels: