Email Vesta
Blog Home Page

Welcome to the Sonoma County Gazette ARCHIVE of PAST EDITIONS. Our NEW WEBSITE is up and running, so GazExtra is serving as your path to archived articles. Thanks for being part of our Sonoma County community...stay in touch...e-mail me - VESTA


Thursday, March 4, 2010

Petaluma News March 2010


The Word Mangler
Introductory ramblings of a meandering mind in a town with an eclectic mix of citizens, iconic eggs, Victorian hearts, riverfront upstarts and an inviting sum of her parts! I shall introduce myself as a recent transplant, late of Occidental (how I love thee), owner of Heritage Salvage, a bit of a rabble-rouser (possible understatement), and a big fan of Petaluma.

Intentions Indeed!
While I go about detailing some events, retailing others, emailing many and I’m sure, derailing some with rumored asides from the town with the inland tides, I would like to invite my fellow Petalumanaries to send me various reports of “happenings of wonder, items of blunder, claps of thunder and plans gone asunder.”

I will try to get my research together for guidelines of community column, ie reporting on events in p’luma that you might not otherwise hear about . . . blah blah blah!!!

Cool Runnings
For now, I will report on some cool events I have attended in February. I went to Lagunitas Brewery for a meeting of the Petaluma Music Festival folks, (formerly known as the Wine Jazz and Blues Fest) and you can volunteer…get involved.
I attended a cool gallery presentation at the Mail Depot on 40 fourth St. Maureen is great…the theme… our salvaged hearts, well represented by Petaluminary art!

Mystic theatre, and many Petaluma Restaurants staged a great show and benefit for Doctors without Borders entitled “ to Haiti with love”, fab event, great music, too many restaurants to list donated 10% of their evening.

City council passes Target store application, “chagrin”, but I carry on with the Locavore Torch! The Seed Bank and Copperfields Books presented an Evening with Michael Pollan, a resounding turnout, not quite packed to the rafters, tough in that building what with the ceiling and all.

Coming in March . . .

The Farmer-Veteran Coalition is holding a Food and Farming Veteran Career Fair on March 5th from 9-4 in Santa Rosa http://bit.ly/bno4Et 4 days ago

13 March:
Bounty Farm Work Day - Saturday March 13 (1:00 AM)
http://www.petalumabounty.org/

Labels: