Email Vesta
Blog Home Page

Welcome to the Sonoma County Gazette ARCHIVE of PAST EDITIONS. Our NEW WEBSITE is up and running, so GazExtra is serving as your path to archived articles. Thanks for being part of our Sonoma County community...stay in touch...e-mail me - VESTA


Saturday, December 24, 2011

KRCB Auction Annie Murphy-Springer Painting


Annie Murphy-Springer 
Auctions at Painting
to Benefit KRCB

One of my absolute favorite people on this planet is Annie Murphy-Springer of Bodega. Her watercolors glow with rainbow colors. She teaches and inspires people with her watercolor classes and has extended her classes to videos on a KRCB program - The Wonders of Watercolor. In order to support KRCB, she has offered one of her watercolors for auction to benefit KRCB. Learn more about Annie and her paintings below....

A Message from Annie about her painting being auctioned on KRCB,

HI THERE !
  On Dec. 3 rd, Susan Ball (another artist) and I were invited to paint LIVE on KRCB TV channel 22 between segments of Bob Ross's life story. We painted "beat the clock" style, creating finished paintings in less than 2 hours......what fun!

   My painting is of the scene I see from my studio in Joy Woods, Bodega, Ca...............watercolor on a new surface, called YUPO,which is very exciting to work with...........the pigment slips and slides, moves, merges, repels, etc. until I say "STOP" with my brushwork.

   KRCB is auctioning off both paintings until Dec. 29th, with the high bid amount for my painting going directly to fund my series THE WONDERS OF WATERCOLOR !

   So, if you or anyone you know might be interested in acquiring this unique painting, please go to KRCB's website by clicking on the link below. You will see the image, 11" x !4".

http://krcb.org/component/option,com_bids/Itemid,100648/id,286/lang,en/task,viewbids/

   Even if you are not interested at this time, I would really appreciate it if you would forward this to your friends...................many, many thanks

   Meanwhile, have Happy Holidays, and a very happy, healthy and Peaceful New Year!
Best Wishes, 
Annie

------------------------------

Here's a link to Annie's web site so you can learn more about the magical world she paints for all of us to enjoy...as Annie says, "Those who collect my art tell me that my paintings make them feel happy. They respond to the color, freshness, exuberance, and sometimes whimsy of my art.
    Painting is a joyful experience for me, and I love teaching others to find similar joy." - annie murphy springer


and a link to a YouTube video of Annie so you can see her in action and learn about who she is and what inspired her to paint. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVz7FMxM4Iw

I have featured Annie several times in my paper because she inspires joy and creativity. Enjoy!

Labels: ,